Update…….Zeus is back with us at DRSF and scheduled to see a neurologist early Friday morning. Curiously Zeus’s lab tests for Myasthenia Gravis have come back negative and the autoimmune disorder, thyroid condition, etc have all came back within normal limits. Meanwhile the poor pup continues to be monitored closely for aspirate pneumonia as he continues to vomit and regurgitate. Zeus wants to eat but seems afraid of choking even though he’s being hand fed. While 60% of the time Zeus walks on his own and even starts to engage in play, the remaining 40% of his day is spent collapsing, head tilting and struggling to stand. We are totally mystified by this condition and are desperately seeking a diagnosis. Please keep Zeus in your thoughts and prayers.
Original Post 09.12.2016
Zeus our latest rescue from Puerto Rico collapsed and at the ER vet has now been diagnosed with myasthenia gravis. If we can pull him through the next 72 hours he should have a good prognosis. With the supportive care and life saving treatment we’ve been given an estimate of $1200 plus. Please consider a tax deductible donation for Zeus to give him the best opportunity possible to beat this devastating condition.
Our mailing address is PO Box 640108 North Miami Beach,
Fl 33164 or a PayPal donation can be made through